- For all sections, competitors must report to the Office area, 20 minutes before the commencement of the section. Copies of all pieces to be performed must be handed in to the Office at this point. Competitors who do not comply with this rule may be disqualified.
- All work submitted must be clearly marked with title, section number and competitor number. No competitor name must appear.
- No competitor may present the same item in more than one section unless otherwise stated.
- With sections where a maximum time is stated, competitors must comply strictly with this time. Impromptu sections will receive a warning bell 30 seconds before the given time limit.
- No teacher or parent shall be allowed on the platform or stage with a competitor, other than a conductor. This does not apply to the Special Needs section.
- Competitors’ props, where allowed, must be brought to the backstage area before the commencement of the section. All props must be removed from the stage area and venue at the conclusion of the session. Costumes and props are permitted in the Nursery Rhyme section, monologues, duologues and scenes from a script. One chair per competitor is permitted for mime sections.
- Scholarship winners are ineligible to be awarded the same prize in subsequent years unless changing from Junior to Senior sections.
Presentation of Prizes
- Trophies and money will be presented on stage following adjudication.
- Medals and Certificates are to be collected from the Office unless presented on stage by the Adjudicator.
- The onus is on the competitors to collect all reports, medals, pennants, trophies, money and certificates. Prizes not collected on the day may be collected from the Office.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Inappropriate behaviour towards volunteers and committee members will not be tolerated, and may result in disqualification. Negative comments on social media may lead to disqualification and legal ramifications.